Tim Pfahler, M. Sc.
- B.Sc. in Medical Engineering (2013-2017)
- M.Sc. in EEI (2017-2019)
- Doctoral Candidate at LHFT since October 2019
- Antenna-Design up to 325 GHz
- onChip-Antennas (AoC)
- inPackage-antennas (AiP)
- Millimeterwave-interconnect design
- RF measurement technology (0-325 GHz)
- Material characterization
- Printed circuit board materials
- IC-package materials
Feel free to contact me if you are interested in any of the topics mentioned above.
- T. Pfahler, A. Scheder, A. Bridier, J. Schür and M. Vossiek, "A Low-Loss Bond-Wire Interconnect Design With More Than 130 GHz Bandwidth Enabling an Ultra-Broadband Heterogeneous System Design", IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, pp. 1-11, September, 2023.
- T. Pfahler, A. Scheder, A. Bridia, J. Schür and M. Vossiek, "A Novel Ultra-Broadband Low-Loss Bond-Wire Interconnect Design Concept Applied to a 2 GHz to 135 GHz Substrate-to-Substrate Interface", in Proceedings of the 2023 IEEE/MTT-S International Microwave Symposium - IMS 2023, San Diego, CA, Juli, 2023.
- B. Dorbath, K. Lomakin, T. Pfahler, J. Schür and M. Vossiek, "Single-Fed Additively Manufactured Conical Horn Antenna with Circular Polarization for Millimeter-Wave Applications", in Proceedings of the 2023 17th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), Florence, Mai, 2023.
- T. Pfahler, M. Vossiek and J. Schür, "Compact and Broadband 300 GHz Three-Element on-chip Patch Antenna", in Proceedings of the IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium, RWS, pp. 139-142, Las Vegas, NV, 2023.
- D. Hecht, T. Pfahler, I. Ullmann, T. Altstidl, N. Amer, Y. Jin, B. Eskofier and M. Vossiek, "In Vivo Skin-Type Classification Using Millimeter-Wave Near-Field Probe Spectroscopy", in Proceedings of the 2022 52nd European Microwave Conference, Milan, November, 2022.
- F. Bachbauer, K. Lomakin, T. Pfahler and G. Gold, "A Method for Extracting an Apparent Permittivity from Band Limited Measurements of Homogeneously Filled Transmission Lines", in Proceedings of the 2022 52nd European Microwave Conference (EuMC), Milan, November, 2022.
- D. Hecht, I. Ullmann, D. Oppelt, T. Pfahler, N. Amer and M. Vossiek, "Millimeter-wave imaging and near-field spectroscopy for burn wound assessment", Frequenz, August, 2022.
- L. Engel, K. Lomakin, G. Gold, T. Pfahler, J. Schür and M. Vossiek, "3D Printed Waveguide Transition for 77 GHz Radar Applications", in Proceedings of the Published in: 2022 14th German Microwave Conference (GeMiC), Ulm, Germany, Mai, 2022.
- T. Pfahler, G. Gold, K. Lomakin, L. Engel, J. Schür and M. Vossiek, "Ultra-Wideband Complex Permittivity Extraction of IC Packaging Materials beyond 100 GHz", in Proceedings of the 2021 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, Atlanta, Oktober, 2021.