Tobias Kögel, M. Sc.
- B.Sc. in EEI from 2014 to 2018
- M.Sc. in EEI from 2018 to 2020
- Doctoral Candidate at LHFT since 10.2020
- Radar Localization
- Radar Signal Processing
- Software Defined Radio
- Switched Injection Locked Oscillators (SILOs)
- Currently my focus is radar localization. Therefore, I am always looking for students who want to develop hardware. You will learn to design your own circuit, which you will first simulate, realize on a printed circuit board and then characterize.
- Furthermore, I am looking for students who are interested in radar signal processing in hardware. Here the full signal processing chain from signal synthesis to the receive path should be implemented in an FPGA. Since this is a very broad field, previous knowledge in FPGA programming (VHDL, Verilog) would be helpful.
- Finally, I offer software related topics in Python. Here the focus is on the design of radar simulations and the development of localization algorithms based on radar data (often based on Kalman filters).
If you are interested in one of the topics in the course of a Hiwi activity/bachelor thesis/research internship/master thesis, then feel free to contact me via mail.
- C. Kammel, T. Kögel, M. Gareis and M. Vossiek, "A Cost-Efficient Hybrid UHF RFID and Odometry-Based Mobile Robot Self-Localization Technique With Centimeter Precision", IEEE Journal of Radio Frequency Identification, pp. 1-1, Juni, 2022.
- E. Sippel, M. Hehn, T. Kögel, P. Gröschel, A. Hofmann, S. Brückner, J. Geiß, R. Schober and M. Vossiek, "Quasi-Coherent Phase-Based Localization and Tracking of Incoherently Transmitting Radio Beacons", IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 133229-133239, September, 2021.